Tadcaster works

The finished tadcaster

I have completed construction of the tadcaster. There are one or two residual problems to attend to and I shall talk to the friend who made the body about these in due course. However, I finished soldering the electrics this morning. At some point, I shall have to do some further work on both the intonation and the action but the main objective today has been to plug it in and see if it makes a vaguely pleasant noise. I am pleased to report that it does. I have tested it on a small Marshall amplifier and it also plays ok when plugged in directly to my Alesis USB mixer. I don’t think that I shall be playing it until I have sorted out some of the minor issues that remain outstanding but it is a proper guitar and it does work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


%d bloggers like this: